11.15.2008

A little blustery today

It was a little blustery and chilly out there this morning. The munchkin stayed at momma and papa's last night, because we were going to the Archon debrief and the party that always follows the debrief. We ended up closing down the house at 1AM, there was only one other person there in addition to the convention chair and his wife. Good times had by all.

As to Archon, we're kind of on hold until the hotel figures out what they are doing. The hotel, formerly known as the Holiday Inn, was seized by the state of Illinois last year and sold off due to non-payment of taxes, fees, etc. The company that has acquired it is going to spend big bucks to make repairs, upgrade systems, and turn it into a Double Tree Hotel. Unfortunately, the company has brought in a new person to deal with clients (like us) that make major bookings. And they haven't gotten down to the brass tacks of dealing with anybody yet, apparently. This is all supposed to be resolved in the next week and we can get started on confirming guests and getting the news out about Archon 33.

Tried out my cream ale last night. I was disappointed in how it turned out. It tasted good, the alcohol level was fine, but the carbonation just wasn't there. This generally means that the yeast didn't reactivate for some reason when I put the priming sugar in. I'll have to keep that in mind for future use. The pumpkin brew fermentation appears to have really slowed down, so I anticipate bottling it real soon. Maybe tomorrow.

I'm currently thinking about what I want to do next. I may try my hand at another stout or a porter. I know that they really taste better after a longer time on the shelf, so if I want to have some ready by next Archon, I probably should start soon.

Currently spitting a little snow out there and already quite dark by 4:30pm today. Wow. It is supposed to get down to 27 tonight, but tomorrow is supposed to be sunny and a high of 48. Sweet.

One last thing before I go. Job's Daughters, Bethel 19, is putting on a 'Breakfast with Santa' at the Applebee's in Maplewood Commons on Hanley Road on November 22, 2008 from 8am - 10am. Have a good breakfast of eggs, pancakes, bacon/sausage and a beverage and have a picture taken with Santa. Bring your camera, your children and grandchildren. Adults $7 and Children under 12 $5. All profits support the program and charities of Bethel 19, Job's Daughters International.

Have fun out there tonight. Remember, we're all pulling for you.

No comments: