11.27.2008

Happy Thanksgiving

I didn't get around to posting anything yesterday, other than IT news headlines. I was trying to finish up stuff at work and then had to leave to go down to CIS in downtown St. Louis. Since we have filed to go to Vietnam and adopt a brother for the munchkin, we had to go down and renew our paperwork. The paperwork is active for 18 months and then everything has to be refiled again. We've been in the pipeline for 18 months now. *sigh* It just doesn't get any easier. I'm hoping that with a new administration that the State Department actually gets to work to resolve the differences between our two countries and allow the people that have passed the documentation test to continue to adopt.

I am thankful this Thanksgiving. In no particular order: I am thankful that my father is still with us. I am thankful that my wife and I have the munchkin. I am thankful that the problems that munchkin has had appear to be being resolved and she is doing and feeling much better. I am thankful that we still have our jobs, house, friends, and neighbors with us. I am thankful that this year's election cycle is finally over, that a president was elected in a fair contest, and that the transition of power seems to be underway. I am thankful that I am able to help out (in my spare time) at my lodge and the Scottish Rite. I am thankful that the people that I knew that had to rotate out to Iraq have made it back home. I am thankful that my friend that is currently on duty in Kosovo will be able to be back home soon. I am thankful that I am able to brew good beer.

Take it easy out there and be safe. Or at least as safe as you want. :) We'll be heading off to go see the parade downtown soon. Then it is off for a day of eating!

No comments: